We have had a busy weekend and it is not even Canada Day yet. The girls' schools had their end of year party, which, of course, had a Western theme There were lots of kids and adults dressed in feathers and cowboy hats. Many little boys ran around happily with realistic looking guns. It is a whole nother country over here. The carnival is called
Kermesse. I did what I do when I don't know what something means...I Googled. Unfortunatey, the original Kermesse seems to have celebrated a slaughter of Jews in the 1300s. I'm guessing the organizers weren't thinking about that when they planned their Western theme.
 |
The amazing thing about this photo is that we are leaving and everyone is still smiling.
The party was held in the courtyards of both schools; the schools are around the corner from each other and the courtyards are attached. It was an absolute zoo. |
 |
| Happy Puma |
 |
| Fierce Puma |
 |
| Barbe a papa! |
 |
Kermesse Cake
It was the only cake with pink frosting and sprinkles and it disappeared fast. |
 |
| This handsome guy met us a Kermesse and whisked us away home. The girls had their first French babysitter Delphine (who is French by the way of Columbia and is lovely). Kermesse may have been the highlight of the girls' Paris experience. It was, "Awesome!" "Can we come again next year?" Since there is plenty of talk about wishing to be back in Ottawa, this was music to my ears. |
 |
Pierre and I went to the OECD garden party. Pierre doesn't actually work at this lovely venue. There is a chateau and a couple of modern buildings connected by tunnels. I take French classes in one of the basement classrooms. It was a lovely party and we met some very nice Canadians and tax and statsistics experts. For the record, I wore a red dress and some high heeled sandals. For real.
The French have sales twice a year and now is one of those times. I was caught by surprise on Thursday when all of a sudden all of the windows said SOLDES! It is a combination block party and sport. I am not a shopper, but it is pretty hard to resist. I have picked up some very fine bargains--such as those sandals.
We are gearing up for a Canada Day celebration with the the Reza family. Lindenlea, enjoy the pancake breakfast. We will miss you! |
 |
| I am looking foward to seeing these people and their progeny in August to celebrate my parents' 50th wedding anniversary. Thanks for the photo, Lucy! |
I like Pierre's jacket a lot. In the last post I thought you were starting to look a lot like Pierre's Mom. Here you look pretty darn hot (not that she isn't!) even if we haven't glimpsed those sandals.
ReplyDeleteAwesome!!!! Happy Canada day from us. Tell the girls we have kermesse in Halifax too. It's a big hospital fundraiser every June. Happy early birthday to sweet lil. xxoo
ReplyDeletewhere is a pic of red dress and sandals?
ReplyDelete