Now that the girls are spending a couple of full days at school, I have more freedom to explore. "La cantine" is far from a hit, but it is the only option. The girls are still coming home for lunch two days and all day on Wednesday.
My friend, Lori, is a brave bicyclist and I am attempting to follow her lead. Paris was one of the first cities to adopt the massive bike rental systems that now seem to be the rage in many cities. I have a yearly pass and it is a deal. It is also possible to use the bikes as a tourist, so pack your bike helmet.
I took this photo for Lillian who is Harry Potter crazy.
We wandered through the museum and I did not take a lot of photos. One of my favorite areas in the museum covers the Revolution. Of course, this part of the museum was closed for the day. The area with the dugout canoes was closed until 1:30. This is very French. Things are closed all of the time with no explanation and no one seems very worried about it. I often make my way across town to go somewhere and there will be a sign taped to the door that says something like, "I should be back in about two hours."
We were sad about these areas being closed until we went and ate some falafel and drank some beer.
On the way back to our bikes, we saw this lovely window. Those colorful squares above are different flavors of marshmallows.

We jumped on our bikes and headed to the Hotel de Ville for the exhibit Paris, Vu Par Hollywood
This regal guy and his friend guarded one of the doors.
The exhibit was not great. If you have actually seen all of the old movies, or are huge movie buff you would probably enjoy it. I was glad to get inside city hall and gawk. We had a rainy ride home and I had to use some colorful language with a motorcyclist who got a little too close.
Saturday: to market to market to buy 3 pains au chocolat for 2 Euros! Thanks, Sylvia!

Orchids are the rage here and there are two different stores in our neighborhood that sell nothing but orchids.









Allo I am quite encouraged by the indications of friendliness between your two girls in these photographs. Could it be that the new rooming situation has enabled a frisson of affection?
ReplyDeleteSisterly love is a complicated matter.
ReplyDelete