Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Concert at the Louvre

Now that the girls are staying for lunch most days, I have a little more freedom.  Last week, I walked down to the Louvre to catch a lunch time Chopin concert.
Part of the quai on the left bank between the Eiffel Tower to the Louvre has just been redone.  It has been closed to traffic, exercise equipment and playground equipment have been added.  There are many temporary restaurants (some in old shipping containers) and there are lots pictures painted on the pavement--maps, animals, squiggly lines...
I walked on the left bank so that I could see photoquai.  It is a photo show set up by the Quai Branly museum along the banks of the Seine across from the museum.
 
 In some areas they have also done a lot of planting.
 This is a new floating dock where you can relax.
The gardens in the Tuileries are beautiful right now.
I went to hear Jan Lisiecki. 
It was fun to line up with all of the Parisians in the auditorium line.
He is an 18 year old Canadian and he knows how to play some piano!
I have been trying to use my French more and made a point of striking up a conversation with the woman in line next to me.  She was sure that he could not have studied piano in Canada because there were no good conservatories there.  She had a lot of not too positive things to say about North America as a whole.  She then laughed and said, "I am very objective."  Later she told me that her daughter was married to an American.
The concert was great and Jan and his Canadian education impressed the Parisians.
 I popped into Cours Marly to look at some French sculptures.
 Later in the week, the girls and I returned to play at the play structure in the Tuileries. So nice to see the sun!
 Who is going to come visit and catch this show with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment