So, it looks like this is really happening. We've sold our car, rented our house, and everything we own is zipped up in suitcases or in a shipping container. When we move house in September we had the world's worst movers. We were amazed by our international movers! The were efficient, kind, and bubble wrapped everything. The first day they packed up nearly everything. I thought the process would freak the girls out, but for the most part they thought it was a big adventure. Look! The boxes are like a maze! I'm walking on The red carpet (the runner they had put down to protect the floors). They loved sleeping on their mattresses in their empty rooms. The second day the movers put everything into the shipping container that was parked in front of our house.
If you every move to Ottawa, make sure you move to my neighbourhood. The few months before the move were a little frantic and the week before even more so. Every time I turned around someone was offering to watch my children, to feed me and my family, to throw me a party, to introduce me to a friend in Paris, to drive us anywhere.... And, of course, all of my mommy friends made sure my girls had plenty of treats and books for the plane. We were also delivered to the hotel in a friend's mini-van. We were dropped off at the hotel door and the girls were given bags of gourmet Easter candy. It is wonderful to have such a wonderful community and such great friends! We will miss you. Come visit us.
Currently we are gearing up for a crazy day--or so--of travel. This afternoon we will take a taxi from the hotel in Ottawa to the train station, take a train to the Montreal airport, and fly to Paris. Crazy. The girls and I are camping out in the hotel room and Pierre is off running last minuter errands.
Tonight we will be on a flight to Paris.
I am still struggling to format this blog. I hope things will improve.
![]() |
| Sealed and ready to go. |




Pumped! Now we can watch you, like surveillance, and comment upon your Parisien looks. A bien tot!
ReplyDelete