Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Busy no school Wednesday

 
 Today is the last Wednesday before Christmas break.  We are Canadian, so we thought we would ice skate.  Actually, if you say "ice skate" in Canada, we Canadians will laugh and say, "you mean skate."  Once, when I was not yet Canadian, I wrote a note about a class going "ice skating." I was quickly corrected.  Now that I am Canadian, I really wanted to take the girls to skate at The new Grand Palais rink.  Unfortunately, it was closed today.  However, we have tickets and we will be going. 

I thought we should go to Notre Dame and check out the nativity scene there.  On our way to the bus, we walked by the Trocadero rink and had to stop for an impromptu skate.
 
 
Yes, both top front teeth are now history.
 
A short bus ride took us to this famous 850 year old cathedral.
 
I thought the creche would be big and have life sized figures.  Instead, it was sprawling and had a river running through it and fires with electric lights that looked like they were burning; the holy family was in a grotto.  It was very strange in the middle of the 850 year old splendor.
We headed to the back of the cathedral and played.
 
Once we were home and had recuperated, we decided that we had better get busy baking some Christmas cookies. We wanted to make peanut butter reindeer cookies and thanks to Aunt Ella, we could!
 
Aunt Ella sent us 7 jars of fabulous peanut butter, lots of mac and cheese, and other lovely Trader Joe's treats.  Thank you Vining/Rocks!
LeBlancs, please keep the supply coming!
 


 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. so many beautiful things in this post! the smiling faces are the most beautiful of course :). love the skating...fabulous cookies...more north american goodies coming your way. miss you all. sending lots of love xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roberts says he sees Meme in rolling curlers in the peanut butter cookie picture :)

    ReplyDelete