We have just returned from a lovely May Break. Yes, we just had a two week March break. Isn't France fabulous? Instead of plunging right in to our adventures, I will first give you the nitty-gritty travel details. Pierre found some train tickets to Avignon. There was a deal that if you were willing to leave from a really inconvenient train station, then your kids could ride for 5 Euros. It was a fast train and, once we boarded the train, it only took 3 hours. I think it would take about six to drive there. We took a OuiGo Train.
First we took the bus from our house to L'Arc de Triomphe. There we got on the commuter train and went to the end of the line.
The end of the line was Euro Disney. You could actually see it out of the train station windows. At first the girls thought we were taking them to Disney and had surprised them, but then they quickly realized that Pierre and I were still their parents and that they were headed to Avignon.
Sylvia and Pierre played a fierce game of "Spot It" on the commuter train.
Aunt Grace gave us this game...or at least suggested it and it is great.
All aboard! The OuiGo employees got to wear turquoise fleeces with pink circles on them saying "OUI GO." It is good that French men are not threatened by turquoise fleeces, skinny jeans, scarves, or the like.
This nearly 9 year old was a great traveler.
Soon after we got out of Paris, the canola fields began. I miss green space and it was nice to have so much of it out my window. We even passed some small mountains. The yellow rape fields and the green grass and trees created a pretty patchwork.
This 7 year old did a fabulous job. Her dad planned the entire trip and kept her entertained.
The Avignon train station is big and looks new. Out front is a lot of fancy landscaping, including some very pretty goldfish. The girls were entertained by the fish while Pierre got our rental car. Pierre was too busy to check out the fish, so I was forced by the girls to take this picture to show him "the one that looked like a cow" and "the pretty white one."
We found parking in Avignon and began our adventure. Yes, the bridge really did fall down. However, you can still walk on part of it.
Always good to know you are on the
Here level.
The girls woke up this morning excited to return to school. Things are so much easier than they were a year ago. While walking home for lunch today, Lillian asked Sylvia if she and her friends would be puppies in the play Lillian and her friends are writing at recess time. I hope I get to see the final production.
The girls woke up this morning excited to return to school. Things are so much easier than they were a year ago. While walking home for lunch today, Lillian asked Sylvia if she and her friends would be puppies in the play Lillian and her friends are writing at recess time. I hope I get to see the final production.










No comments:
Post a Comment