Monday, November 11, 2013

Halifax Visit

For the second part of the girls' school vacation, we flew to Canada!  This was the first time that Pierre and the girls had returned since we moved to France.  The girls and I had been to the states a couple of times to visit family and I had flown back to Ottawa once, shortly after arriving in Paris, to be sworn in as a Canadian citizen.  We began our Canadian tour in beautiful Halifax, Nova Scotia.  Pierre's parents and one of his brothers live here.  We had a wonderful visit with them all.
We enjoyed tasting many yummy things at the Halifax Farmers' Market.  
The market is in a new building right along the water and it has a green roof.  Everyone at the market was dressed for warmth and comfort; I did not see any high heeled shoes, no dog poop, and no cigarettes. 
 Mémé saved the day!  I was panicking about Halloween costumes and then I called Mémé.  She bought Lillian's Hermione costume, and when she couldn't find a Crookshanks' (Hermione's cat) costume for Sylvia, she had her amazing seamstress make one!  Sylvia was thrilled--and so was I.
 The girls loved playing with their cousins and enjoyed lots of time outdoors.
 We even got to celebrate an 8th birthday!
 Beautiful green-faced birthday girl
 Climbing cousins


I am very grateful to have such a thoughtful and caring Canadian family.  The Halifax LeBlancs (all of them, including my sister-in-law's parents) took wonderful care of us.
The Halloween t-shirts are thanks to my thoughtful sister-in-law.  Thanks, Jen!
 The cousins amused themselves with lots of impromptu drama skits.  Luckily, there were lots of costumes and wigs from which to choose.  That's Lil in the blond wig.
Another night of drama
Nothing like having a wonderful family who goes out of their way to take care of you.  Thank you!  Robert and Michelle, you were missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment