Saturday, November 23, 2013

Double Shiny Bacon

 I loved everything about this advertisement.
Double Shiny Bacon: Even the Americans want to taste it.
And then below, as is required by law, For your health, avoid snacking between meals.
What is Double Shiny Bacon?  Can I eat as much of it as I want, as long as I don't snack between meals?  Americans, Canadians, do you want to taste Double Shiny Bacon?
 We have a new mall not too far from us.  I walked along the beautiful and windy Isle des Cygnes.  Sadly, I did not take a photo of the mini statue of liberty who holds her torch at the tip of the island.  The best part of this mall is that there is a Marks and Spencers grocery store.  I have learned a lot about myself this last couple of years.  One of the less profound things I have learned is that I really like peanut butter and I really like cheddar cheese.  Marks and Spencer can set me up for a reasonable price and that makes me happy.
Much of the Line 6 metro runs above ground.  It reminds me of the El in Chicago and I like to be able to see grand swathes of the city as I travel past at great speed.  I always wonder if these turrets are just decorative.  I like to imagine that someone has turned at least one of them into a fabulous library with a breathtaking view of the Seine.

1 comment:

  1. Here in Portland, we have Triple Shiny Bacon. It's delicious, if rather slippery.

    ReplyDelete