Tuesday, April 17, 2012

moving and settling in

 Our temporary apartment and our more permanent abode were close enough that we were able to move everything in several trips over a few days.  The fact that they were close was a complete fluke because we rented the temporary place before leaving Ottawa.  Because the temporary apartment was within walking distance to the girls' schools they were able to start right away. 

 The movers were fast.  They were in (through the 8th floor window) and out in about 3 hours.  It took me a lot longer to unpack and there are still empty boxes in our living room.

 At one point, I was sure that the box with most of Sylvia's stuffies had gone missing.  I had mixed emotions because there is nothing I would like more than to lose most of her stuffed animals.  However, she loves each one of them a little more than she loves me and I knew she would be heartbroken.  The animals were found and seem to be making themselves comfortable.  Here are (some of) the bunnies dressed and ready for bed.
                                                               Pierre and Pierrette reading.

The girls are sharing a room.  We have been seeing much less of Sylvia in the middle of the night, which is fabulous.  They are becoming better friends and fighting more.  I think this is due to their ages and due to the fact that we have uprooted them from their community of friends and brought them here.  They spend a lot of time devising strange games and hilarious pranks. 

Think twice before entering their room...and don't forget to read a label.

1 comment:

  1. I love the death eaters label. That would be enough to scare me away.

    ReplyDelete