Friday, April 20, 2012

Sugar

It is Friday and Sylvia's birthday eve and we are doing our best to consume as much sugar as possible. The girls and I began this quest by mixing up some chocolate cupcakes.
Giddy girls--even before sugar intake

The movers packed most of my baking ingredients, so I didn't have to search for baking powder or soda.  I did need to work hard to find the right sugar for frosting.  Powdered sugar in the US of A and icing sugar in Canada goes by a different name in France.  I asked a guy who worked at the grocery store what I needed to make frosting.  He pointed me towards sucre en poudre, but this is not what I needed.  After checking with David Lebovitz, I realized I needed sucre glace (and I learned what I will need to use for brown sugar when I make chocolate chip cookies) http://www.davidlebovitz.com/2009/11/french-sugars/
Daddy has some excellent print on the boxes talking about how great "Daddy" is and how much he adds to any occasion.  So true.

chocolate cupcakes!

Two of Sylvia's school friends are coming over to celebrate tomorrow.  I am sure they will be astounded by our sickly sweet chocolate cupcakes with purple frosting and sprinkles.


Don't worry , we didn't forget to get our Friday pastries.  Sylvia chose a concord and Lillian went with the eclair vanille.

Happy Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment