Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Girl Scout Song Fest

I never knew that the best way to introduce  my girls to their American heritage was to move to Paris.  You see, they are American Girl Scouts and they are learning all sorts of important Americana.  Last Saturday was Song Fest.  Themes for the Fest are different each year and the troop in charge gets to choose the theme.  This year is was American songs (last year it was Songs from  Around the World).  I spent three hours hearing old favorites and learning new American songs.  Yes, there are a lot of American Girl Scouts in Paris.  And a lot of them aren't American.  It was a family affair and Pierre sang America the Beautiful much louder and much better than I did.
 We are a walking, metro riding, walking, carless family.  We are waiting for the bus.
 We arrived early so that the girls could practice their songs and their moves.
Lillian's Brownie Troop sang and danced Cotton-Eyed Joe.  This song was new to me.
 Sylvia's Daisy troop sang She'll be Coming Around the Mountain When She Comes. 
Wahoo!
 

The girls have had a great time with their troops and I am very grateful for their fabulous troop leaders.  There is a camp out scheduled for June!

1 comment: