Last Sunday we hopped on a train at North Station and took a train to London. The entire trip takes about two and a half hours and only about twenty minutes are under water. I did my best to not think about that leg of the trip, and for the most part succeeded. I am great at thinking of every possible worst case scenario.
We stayed right near Kensington Gardens. Here is a photo on the side of Kensington Palace. Princess Diana once lived here. We were impressed with London's parks; several connected parks run through the middle of the city.
The girls enjoyed playing in the Princess Diana Memorial Playground. There is an enormous pirate ship to explore, swings, and buried treasure.
It was the coldest it had been in London all winter. We did not have our winter coats, but did our best to layer up. France and England both got snow and ferry service was halted.
I was proud that I remembered to bring our friend, Kara's, Flat Stanley on our trip.
We warmed up with some tea and few games of Bananagrams and Pass the Pigs.






No comments:
Post a Comment