We celebrated American Thanksgiving by eating some potiron chocolate chip muffins.

Early on, I figured out that purée de potiron is a great substitute for canned pumpkin. Picard
is a French institution. It is a grocery store where everything is frozen. It is worth clicking and checking out their crazy holiday selection. The buche de Noël selection alone is mind boggling.
We are grateful for many Americans and the girls and I are also grateful to be American (At least, most of the time).
We helped our friend take some Flat Stanley photos.
I should really write an ode to my shopping trolley. It is the only way that I can survive without a car. In this photo it is carrying books to donate to the American Library. It is a lifesaver.
It is beginning to look a bit like the holidays around here.
We are trying to think of others during the holidays season, and luckily Pierre's co-workers and the American Girl Scouts are helping to keep us on track. Lillian's troop is collecting toiletries to give to the homeless. Next week, we will also be selling cupcakes at Pierre's office in order to earn money to buy more toiletries. The troop did this last year and the organization was so grateful that they asked if the girls could do it again. These toiletries were all collected from Pierre's co-workers. It is obvious that many of them travel a lot for work! All of those packets in front of Lillian are toiletry kits from various airlines.






No comments:
Post a Comment