Monday, January 21, 2013

More snow. Still no fridge.

The snow keeps falling.   Lillian and Sylvia are really missing Ottawa winter.  They are not too impressed by this snowfall, but they are willing to try to enjoy it.  Pierre took the girls out to play in the snow a few different times this weekend.
 Sylvia at Trocadero.  
We are not really outfitted for winter.  The girls have outgrown their snowpants (Actually, I assumed they would and I gave them away to some Canadians.).  Winter boots here are called aprés ski and you only have them if you are enjoying the slopes in the alps.  Winter jackets are ski jackets because that is the only time you really need them.  So far, the girls are getting by with their rainpants.
 Despite the fact that winter coats are not really needed, Canada Goose jackets are the rage here.
 cardboard sled

 Sylvia's middle name comes from Mrs. LeBlanc's mother.  While walking around in the 1st arrondissement, Pierre spotted some signs.
We are still without a fridge and I am trying to keep it all in perspective.  I think this is day nine.  It is snowing and all the food we could keep is out on the porch.  The fridge delivery was slated for a five hour window this morning, but they never appeared.  I am making cookies and listening to NPR, which is my version of deep breathing and yoga.
 Snowy Velib'
We had a lovely night with many Canadians and a few Frenchies.  Walking there and back, I took a few photos.
 Look at these happy Canadians. 
The Eiffel Tower is sparkling in the background.  It sparkles every hour on the hour.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! the snow must make you all feel a little "at home"....although I'm sure there are lots of other warmer ways to do that too. hope the cookies and npr helped. beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry abut your fringerator

    ReplyDelete