Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sunny Day

No one ever told me how rainy and grey Paris could be--la grisaille du temps.  I realize that there aren't many tourists here during the winter months--except when they arrive at droves for Christmas--but the string of cold, rainy, days surprised me.    Yesterday the sun came out and we took advantage.  It wasn't as warm as these pictures might make you think.  These Canadiennes took their coats off, but everyone else was bundled up for the weather.  There was one little tree that was already flowering--confused  victim of global warming I think.
 
 Speaking of sun, Pierre is in sunny Malaysia giving some sort of tax workshops.  When he did this in Hungary and Budapest, he was housed in some sort of government dormitories.  He sent me the link to his accommodations in Malaysia and I wondered why I hadn't been invited.  He is staying in a five star resort.  I hope he spends some time in the pool and gets to see a bit of Malaysia.
 The green space at Trocadero, across form the Eiffel Tower, is the closest green space to our apartment.  Although the grass is still "au repos," which means that we are to stay off of any actual space that is green.
This is a pretty little path snaking down from near the copy shop, where I made the copies I needed for my TEFL course, down to Trocadero.  The camera on my phone couldn't handle the sun and the shadows, but if you squint you can see the Eiffel Tower straight ahead.
 
This morning it looks like the sun is shining again!

No comments:

Post a Comment