Friday, March 8, 2013

March 8, 2013 = one year in Paris

A year ago today we boarded a plane from Canada to France.  We have had a good and sometimes tough year and are looking forward to the rest of our time here.  I am impressed by people who move their families every two or three years.  After doing it once, I am clear that I am not meant to have that lifestyle.  That said, I am very grateful for the opportunity to live here!
This school year has been great and the girls have wonderful, caring teachers and have made some good friends.  I am amazed by how much they are both learning.  I am so jealous of their ability to pick up French like little sponges.
 Yesterday, we wanted to get outside but we were afraid that it would rain.  We compromised by going to the Louvre and then having a long run around in the Tuileries.  The rain held off and the girls had a great time with school friends from NYC and some tourists from Georgia.


 We got a few kids' books about the Louvre for Christmas.  Sylvia held on to the Egyptian one and kept us informed about the different dieties.  Lillian read all of the French translations of the hieroglyphics and the rest of us checked out this scribe statue.
Sekhmet is one of my favorites.  She was orginally a warrior goddess and then came to be a kind of protector of cities or palaces.  This room has a row of regal Skehmets.
We are headed to London for the second week of March Break and I am looking forward to it.

2 comments:

  1. Fantastique! You all are so strong. So delighted to hear about everyone being tickled by Pierre's moustache, and can't wait to see some documentation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did Dad start his fabulous stache when you were living in England?

    ReplyDelete