The girls have a lot more homework here than they did in Canada. One part of the homework that I like is La Poésie. Each student has a notebook in which they copy and illustrate poems. They must then memorize the poems and recite them in front of the class. It is not unusual for the girls to have a poem or two each week. My guess is that most French people have several hundred poems that they could recite for you. I think it is a wonderful way to share the country's literary heritage, and I like that the girls get practice in memorization and public speaking.

One of Sylvia's poems
Often the illustrations are colored, but this one was perfect in pencil.
Lillian had too much homework this week. She had a geography test on Europe and a test on the Renaissance. Above is one page of what she needed to memorize for the Renaissance test. She is in CM1 (grade 4). I am glad she is a memorization machine. I am proud of how hard both girls are working at school.
I thought I would attempt to lighten the mood around here with a little homemade Friday pizza. My crust needs some work, but with practice I think it will improve. It is hard to find pizza sauce at the store here and I usually use pasta sauce; I think my sauce was an improvement.
Cheese and Pineapple
Salad Pizza
Happy Weekend!




Would the girls be willing to write my homework for me. Quelle penmanship!
ReplyDelete