Saturday, February 1, 2014

Field trip to Palais de la Découverte

Last week, I got to with Sylvia go on a field trip to  Palais de la Découverte,  
Paris' science museum.  We took the whole class on the city bus.  It was a challenge to push all of the kids inside the bus and to keep them all upright during the ride.
 The museum is part of the Grand Palais.  The kids did two workshops, one on math and geometry and the other on animals.  The math workshop was great and the teacher was animated and good with the kids.  The animal workshop, "Qui Mange Qui" was too young for the kids and held in a classroom that was way too hot.  The teacher was good and I felt sorry for her--and for me.
 
 We were not the only school on a field trip.
 Magnet shapes, too!
 The inside of the Palais is lovely.
Back up the "spooky stairs" to school.
I got a phone call from school a couple of days later saying that I might want to come because Sylvia got hurt.  It wasn't serious, but I might just want to come.  This was on the telephone and in rapid fire French, so I was glad I could follow what was being said.  Sylvia got hit in the head by a sharp corner of a plastic book (or something) at recess.  The two of us had an adventure that started at the pharmacist and continued on to the children's hospital.  Sylvia escaped without stitches, of which she was terrified, and had a few steristrips to keep the gash closed.  They fell off in the pool yesterday (She goes to the pool with school every Friday) and it is healing up well.  I am grateful that it was minor and I now know where to find the hospital and the emergency entrance.  She was very brave and good company throughout the ordeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment