Thursday, October 18, 2012

Atelier at the Cartier Foundation

 
Last Wenesday, Lil went to a workshop at the Cartier Foundation.  You had to be 8, so Sylvia and I checked out the museum, copied some of the art into our notebooks, and did some reading.  Lillian made a very cool wooden stamp.  They were super organized and had all sorts of cool materials.
 The exhibition was on art "naïf" or "primitif."  It was art from around the world that was done by people without any real artist training.  I guess we would say naive or folkart.  I couldn't take any photos inside.  It was a real mixed bag.  Some of the works were incredible and others made you just shake your head.
President Hollande is talking about lots of school reforms.  One of his reforms is  having school on Wednesday mornings next year http://www.france24.com/fr/20121009-hollande-esquisse-refonte-ecole-retour-semaine-quatre-jours-et-demi-rythmes-scolaires-cours-morale-redoublement.  We are now getting into our museum going, workshop doing groove and, most weeks, I like Wednesday with no school.

No comments:

Post a Comment