October is quickly coming to an end and I feel the need to tie up my loose ends and photos. Let's see if I can turn these into a coherent post--at least as coherent as most.
After my cooking class, I decided that I would finally make it to all of the cookware and baking shops I had been dreaming of visiting since we moved here. We started at Mora where Lori and I both picked up coupe-pate, which we were sure we needed to have on hand after taking out croissant baking course. I managed to talk myself out of several pricier implements before leaving the store. Next we stopped at E. Dehillerin.
Here you can buy pots large enough to cook...anything. I stopped myself from buying a French-style rolling pin, but now I am sure that was a mistake.

At Mora, we found these brides and any baking supply you could possibly need.
We finished up with a trip to G. Detou where I picked up enough red sugar to decorate dozens of Christmas cookies.
Les Halles is nearby and is under construction. It is a huge underground mall that was created in 1971 when the wholesale food market was moved from this location to outside of Paris.

We stopped in at Saint Eustache where Louis XIV received communion and Mozart's mother is buried. It is no secret that Paris is full of amazing churches and pastries.
Eclairs
Yuck.
I had the opportunity to go to a soccer game with a team of 14 year old girls and I was thrilled. We went to see the French and British women's teams play. I am not sure they were their first teams and I didn't care. It was a lot of fun and the crowd was very involved. My only complaint was the smoking. My pure Utah lungs can't handle the non-stop smoke. The whole experience was quite hilarious because Lori and I accompanied her daughter's team and were loaded into the back of a car like 14 year old girls. The ride across town at night took forever because, of course, we had to stop at McDonald's (McDo) for food. It took me back to being 14 and having no control. I was very pleased to be invited and hope that there will be an earlier game so that I can take my girls.
Each time one of the players shanked the ball over the crossbar or missed the corner of the net, I could hear my dad yelling, "Head down!" or "Left foot!" And, of course, when they made a goal, his favorite, "Beautiful!!!"
Each time one of the players shanked the ball over the crossbar or missed the corner of the net, I could hear my dad yelling, "Head down!" or "Left foot!" And, of course, when they made a goal, his favorite, "Beautiful!!!"





Hello. You were a very talented soccer player.
ReplyDeleteYou've been talking with our dad.
Delete