We started off our Easter egg hunt with a couple of American families from our school. We anglophones quickly found each other on the sidewalk at pick-up time. One of the moms is a NYU professor and is here for a year. We got to check out the NYU overseas campus in our neighbourhood because that is where the Easter Bunny hid our eggs.
I had known that NYU had an address on the main street near the girls' school for a long time, but I didn't know exactly where it was. The streets in our neighbourhood are mostly canyons with Haussmannian cliffs on either side. Huge double doors dot the walls of these cliffs, and if you know the door code you will be welcomed into a whole new world. We opened the doors to the Easter egg hunt and found a couple of buildings with classrooms, one old and one new, a courtyard with tables and a lovely old apartment building.
I hope to be hanging out at these tables sipping a glass of Sancerre when the weather gets a little nicer.
There were a lot of eggs, but these kids are fast!
The girls and I have begun reading our next book club book, Where the Mountain Meets the Moon, by Grace Lin.




No comments:
Post a Comment