This Wednesday, the girls and I went to Musée de la Poupée, the doll museum. Here Sylvia is posing like a doll. The permanent collection is not on display again until June. Meanwhile, the museum is showing dolls from around the world. Dolls are not really my thing and I really hate old, creepy dolls, so I was quite happy to miss the permanent exhibit. The museum is tucked back into a nice dead-end near Le Centre Pomidou.
Dolls from different parts of Africa
A plague doctor doll from Italy. Doctors wore these duck-billed masks filled with herbs in hopes of protecting themselves from catching the plague.
Chinese dolls
The girls and I enjoyed looking at the dolls, but I was eventually overwhelmed by the mildew smell and we escaped to the great outdoors.
All playground equipment in Paris has big circle stickers on it saying the ages for which it is appropriate. Lillian has just a few more months to enjoy this playground.
Right across from the doll museum and right behind the Jewish history museum is Anne Frank park. It has been cold here and spring is a bit later than it was last year. On Wednesday, the trees were in bloom and the sun was shining.
On Thursday morning, it was hailing and snowing during my run.
A very serious game of invisible chess.








No comments:
Post a Comment