The other day while I was buying a baguette, I stopped in while the flour was being delivered. When we first arrived, I didn't care where I bought our bread. I now have a couple of favorite bakeries in the neighborhood. People are very particular about which baguette they buy; not just any baguette will do. They will often tell the person behind the counter how brown they want their baguette and then point to a specific loaf.
Last weekend we walked down to watch a bit of the Paris Marathon. It was packed and hard to see, but we did manage to see many runners and do a bit of cheering. Sylvia made an excellent sign that I failed to take a photo of. If said "Allez!"
From the marathon we went to our neighborhood park. Here are the signs I mentioned in an earlier blog. Sometimes they are just stickers, here they are real plaques.
Here are the "spooky steps" that we can take walking home from the park.
Today was a busy day. We hosted Girls' Book Club. We read Where the Mountain Meets the Moon by Grace Lin. Lillian ran out of our book club to go to another book club at the American Library. They are reading The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate. After book club, Sylvia and I headed to her Girl Scout meeting. She earned her petal for being strong and courageous today. Go, Sylvia!
The leaves are slowly appearing on the trees. The Paris gardeners have been given the thumbs up to put in the spring flowers. Once I decided I should take a photo of all of the lovely flowers, I had a hard time finding any.
We have been having lots of rain and I am ready for the sun to shine. I am hopeful that next week it will begin to feel like spring.








Those stairs are freakin spooky.
ReplyDelete