Next week, real cousins from Halifax are coming to Paris! This week we hosted Flat Ida, all the way from Portland, Oregon. Flat Ida had to be back to school by May 1st, so I took her on a quick bike ride and snapped some photos. It was a windy day, which made my solo photo taking very tricky.
Here we are at Palais du Chaillot. There are two big museums on either side of this enormous plaza and it is a great spot to take a photo of the Eiffel Tower.
We rode the bike along the Seine into the middle of town. I was headed to a show at the Hotel de Ville (City Hall) on the Resistance in France during WWII. In front of the Hotel there is a big plaza with a Merry-go-round and Flat Ida took a ride.
Flat Ida was impressed by the city's coat of arms above the door.
Once we were back in our neighborhood, we stopped by the bakery to pick up some Friday pastries.
I hope Flat Ida can convince her un-flat family to come and visit us sometime.





thanks so much Sara!
ReplyDelete