Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Orleans and Orly

 On our way back to Paris, or really the Orly Airport, we stopped in Orleans.  Joan of Arc helped take Orleans back from the British and there is a big celebration every year.  We did not see too much of Orleans.  We stretched our legs, visited a couple of bookstores, and ate dinner before getting back on the road.
 
 We stayed in the Mercure Hotel at Orly.  There were terrifying bunk beds.  I was thrilled (which is usually not the case) when Sylvia, who was on the bottom bunk, crawled into bed with us.  I couldn't sleep because I kept thinking of the bed collapsing and crushing her.  I think the bunk beds transform into a couch.
 
 This is a very bad photo of the many, many rabbits that were enjoying the small stretch of grass between our room and the parking lot.  Lil insisted I take a photo.
Cheap plane tickets to Spain meant much waiting.  Look at this experienced traveler!  
Next stop, Spain!  Can't wait to see Mémé, Pépé, Robert, Michelle, and our new niece!

No comments:

Post a Comment