Sunday, May 27, 2012

Aux Merveilleux de Fred


When we first arrived in Paris, the girls and  I were exploring a pedestrian shopping street, when we were stopped in our tracks by what was going on in one of the windows.  Someone was whipping an enormous bowl of delicious looking frothy white stuff.  They were very skillful with their whipping and we were very curious.  We peered into the shop and saw amazing looking meringues.  I'm not sure why I didn't buy any then, but I must have had a good reason.  This Friday I returned to Aux Merveilleux de Fred and purchased some decadent meringues.  Their own website gives a much better description.
David Lebovitz has a Paris food blog and he, too, likes this place.  Click on his name to read what he had to say about the meringues.


Best Friday pastry yet.  Mine was coffee flavored--mmm.

2 comments:

  1. looks délicieux! i want one for breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll be arriving in Wisconsin on the same day as you, I believe. Make mine coffee-flavored.

    ReplyDelete