Thursday, May 10, 2012

Zau


This is Zau
Lillian attended a workshop at our library yesterday.  Zau, an illustrator, helped the kids to paint a mural.  They used brushes and ink and it was a very messy process.

In the library, there is a gallery area with a display of his paintings along with  a table full of the books he has illustrated.   He has traveled a lot in Africa and Asia and uses lots of different mediums.  The girls were excited to meet a real illustrator.  I was proud of Lillian for participating.  She didn't know anyone and, of course, it was all in French.

Lillian's part of the mural.

This is about half of the mural.

There is a good kids' section and the girls are enjoying the French magazines and comics.  Our friend Peggy told us that she used to read Boule et Bill and they are now some of Lillian's favorites.  You had to be 7 to be part of the workshop, so Sylvia and I chilled out in the courtyard and read.  The courtyard is lovely, except that it is where everyone goes to smoke.  I still can't get over how many people smoke.  I knew that to be the case, but I still can't believe it. 

Before attending the workshop, we walked to the American Library and picked up some livres en anglais.  We stopped at Palais de Chaillot and read and people watched.  It is a great place to people watch.  Yesterday there were some wedding photos being taken.  The groom almost dropped his bride into a dry fountain.  She had a large rolling Hello Kitty suitcase.  Interesting stuff.

The dining room and living room curtains are up.  I had a couple of very nice e-mails checking up on me.  I am fine.  I hate curtains.  I love my friends and family. 

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE Lillian's mural - wow!! She is very talented!! I absolutely LOVE it!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sara. I would like it if you and the girls could pursue Zau as a friend. Your blog is very good, and your life is interesting, but both would be enhanced by more Zau. Probably not as a family member, just as a kind of minor but not infrequent character. I like the looks of him quite a bit.

    Also, we got some new curtains. We hired an expert.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the artwork - all of it. Lillian is very talented! and Zau looks very interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete