The sun shone. Here is a backwards recap of our weekend:
MMM! Crepes. After a long play at Le Jardin du Luxembourg, we needed some fuel. The Crepe is delicious, relatively cheap, and makes girls happy. You can choose lots of different things to go inside your crepe.
 |
| You can pay 2 Euros and 50 Centiemes and play, play, play. If you are an adult, you can pay to go in the fence, or you can stay on the outside for free, pull up a chair and bask in the sun. The girls could stay here for hours. |
 |
| This is a bit like a zip line, but faster and with curves. 2 or 3 kids at a time would hang on--it would never be considered safe enough for a North American park. Lillian went on it "about 14 times." |
 |
The girls had a great time chasing the boats around the fountain and checking out the baby ducks.
Saturday, we went to our nearest market and went shopping. The girls were holding hands and running ahead checking out everything. It is about three blocks long and everything is there: meat, fish, bread, wallets, scarves, pastries, crepes, produce, flowers, nuts, dried fruit, spices... I didn't get any good pictures and had to steal this one. We had a Canadian family friend for dinner and were able to pick up most of what we needed right here.
 |
Lillian and I went to the American Library to pick up books we had requested. On the way home I said, "You must be getting hungry and thirsty." Lillian replied, "And I need to read. If I go too long without reading I get grumpy." As you can see, I have disturbed her reading.
|
|
 |
| I spent Friday finishing up the darn curtains. I spent a lot of time ironing and was looking forward to a nice, cool glass of white wine. I bought this one because it was cheap, an award winner, and had a great name. Unfortunately, I didn't know that "moelleux" does not mean smooth in wine-speak, but sickly, sweet dessert wine. Yuck! |
 |
| Friday pastries! Lunettes (glasses) and a milles feuilles. Sadly, the glass of wine was poured down the sink. |
all sounds wonderful!!! so glad mother's day was a beautiful day. and the park and market look wonderful for both children and adults. i want to come visit tomorrow! HA.
ReplyDeleteenjoyed the reverse review. well done.
xo
That looks like a very nice market. I would like a scarf? Did Zau like it? And did he go on that zip line thing?
ReplyDeleteSpeaking for international authors, and as the author of L'Abandon, I must say that Lillian's attitude about/addiction to reading is quite excellent. I look forward to several intriguing conversations with her in August.
Lillian really likes you...and thinks you are a bit strange.
DeleteWe all look forward to seeing all of you.
Lillian really likes you...and thinks you are a bit strange.
DeleteWe all look forward to seeing all of you.