I spent yesterday fighting with curtains and I just want to send a little gratitude and love to those who have helped me with curtains in the past. When I was 15, I was fired from a job and told I was not "waitressing material." I am also not seamstress material. I am not even using a sewing machine, I am using the iron-on strips that are supposed to come with your Ikea curtains. Of course, I bought the one type of Ikea curtain that comes without the iron-on shortening strip and spent a week looking for a sewing store. I now have located my source and need to go back for more. One set of curtains down, three more to go!
When we first moved to Lindenlea, there was a huge closet in Lillian's room without doors. After pricing doors, we decided we would go with curtains. My Mom did one of the panels by hand and Mrs. LeBlanc did the other. Thank you!
When I bought curtains for the girls' windows, my friend, Juliet saved the day. If I am every forced into a pioneer reality show, I want Juliet on my team. She sews, knits, gardens, bakes..., and reads medical journals for fun. I once helped her pick up a used loom. She has many skills and I have few. She shortened my curtains and made a couple of matching pillows from the extra fabric. These curtains and pillows are in the girls' room here. One less pair of curtains for me to shorten. Hurray!
Friends and family, I miss you and appreciate you--all of you, even those who haven't helped me with curtains. The grey clouds are allowing a little sun to peak through. I need to rally my beauties and head out to acquire some iron-on shortening tape. Go Team!
I would take a photo of the curtains, but you can just imagine cheap white sheets and you will have a perfect image.
Thank you, French people and Hemingway, for winning WW II. I would appreciate a photo of your whole family sitting on that couch, please.
ReplyDeleteI'm with Pete. more photos of the sofa...in fact, i'd like to see "a week in the life of the sofa"....
ReplyDelete