Saturday, May 19, 2012

Bananagrams and Pancakes

Sometimes bad days happen even if you are in Paris.  This week I have been a little under the weather and there have been more tantrums and tears than usual--both  for me and for the girls.  So, Friday night rolled around and it was time to let loose.  What says fun more than Bananagrams?


Sylvia does not like to play "winning and losing games."  She does not like to lose.  She does like to be a "helper" while games are played.



Here the girls are checking Pierre's words to make sure they are all correct.

Here are Pierre's winning words.  I would feel a little better about losing if his game didn't hinge around the word "hooter."  Pierre kept telling the girls that a hooter was "one who hoots" and then he would start cracking up. 
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hooter

Lillian did a great job.  She said she learned the word "cunning" from reading Harry Potter.

Saturday means pancakes.  We are still enjoying our stash of Canadian maple syrup. 

I happened upon an American store called "Thanksgiving" last week.  I went inside out of curiosity and was horrified.  The woman in front of me bought a 10 Euro bag of Reese's peanut butter cups.  The walls were stacked with strawberry marshmallow Fluff, mac and cheese, Pop Tarts...and you will pay through the nose for this junk.  I did buy some canned pumpkin to make pumpkin bread and some brown sugar.  I had purchased some Vergeoise, which is a good French substitute, but it was even more expensive than the brown sugar at the American store.

We just purchased our tickets to meet up with the Rock clan this summer to celebrate my parents' 50th wedding anniversary.  I am very excited to see everyone!

Onward and upward.  Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment