Saturday, May 5, 2012

Field Trip to Run


Sylvia's class went on a field trip to a soccer field on the outskirts of Paris.  It was a short bus ride.  There was no yellow school bus, but a fancy tour bus with seatbelts.  To actually run is a treat because at school there is just a pavement courtyard and no play structure for recess.  Sylvia came home talking about all of the different races they were practicing.  The three kindergarten classes went on the trip and there were older kids--grade 4?--who tried to organize and keep order.  The kids had a good time.  It made me think a lot of my time as a teacher because kids are kids.  The field was actually fake turf made up of little pieces of ground up rubber.  Some of the kids just could not stop themselves from scooping up handfuls of the stuff and putting it in their friend's hair.  I found cups of it in Sylvia's shoes when we returned home.
One group ran around and the other group recorded how many times their partner ran around the cones.  Sylvia was doing jumpingjacks while waiting to begin.


 
This race involved stealing tennis balls from the other team.  It seemed rather crazy because they were all running at each other, but nobody crashed.
We were thrilled that it did not rain!

Sylvia ran all Thursday morning and Lillian swam on Thursday afternoon; they were tired out.  Aunt Grace thanks for the blankets!  We made your pancakes this morning.  http://www.keepingupcookbook.com/

I remembered to take a photo of Friday's pastries before they were devoured.  However, there is a technical glitch and I can't get the photo to the blog.  We stopped at our neighborhood boulangerie, which is not a patisserie so the selection was limited.  Lillian had a classic pain au chocolat and Sylvia chose an eclarish thing filled with whipped cream and strawberries.  She said it was one of the best she has had.  Since I am lacking a pastry photo, here is a photo of some flowers Pierre brought to me on Friday.  A+ for Pierre.  Hurray!  The weekend is here!




2 comments:

  1. Hooray for field trips to run in parks and for beautiful flowers from wonderful husbands! Lillian and I shall enjoy many a pain au chocolat when we visit - it's my favourite too! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am quite partial to a pain au chocolat myself :) Lovely flowers - good job, Pierre :) And thank goodness it didn't rain so the girls could run about! Oh those April/May showers/downpours, how I don't miss them :) The sun will shine soon enough xx

    ReplyDelete