Who are these crazy women who are twisting my youngest child? My best friend from high school flew in all the way from California for a visit. As soon as I knew she was visiting, I informed my German sister. I was very pleased when she decided to take a train down and to visit for the weekend. It was just like high school in Salt Lake City all over again...only a lot better. It was wonderful to see them both.
Although they may not highlight these exploits in their pasts, one of these ladies was once Clara in a performance of the Nutcracker, the other was part of a competitive German team that did all sorts of gymnastics, plus running, singing, and more! They can twist my child anytime. Sylvia loved all of the stretching and her cartwheel improved tremendously during their visit. Since I don't yet have their permission to put their photos on my blog, I will hold off posting more about our visit.
The Ottawa weather report is miserable and I am not sure I will survive next winter. Last I checked, it was still snowing.
This is as old school as you get. Someone pushes this carousel around and the kids try to grab little metal rings with their sticks each time they go round. It takes a lot of concentration, and then sometimes the kid in front of you knocks the ring askew and ruins it all.
I had read about this in Adam Gopnik's Paris to the Moon,
but had never really been able to picture it.
The park, which was deserted all winter, is now very busy.






No comments:
Post a Comment