We caught the last day of the Viking Exhibit at the British Museum. Although our tickets were for a specific time, there were far too many people and it was quite hard to see anything. The Vikings did not wear helmets with horns and they travelled a lot further afield than I had realized--Afghanistan for instance. It was an amazing exhibit, I just wish I could have seen more of it!
These two have recently grown about a foot each. Lillian will be a decade in 4 more days! I am so proud of them both. Our glamorous Parisian lifestyle has not always been glamorous, and often quite challenging; they have been good sports and have worked so hard at school.
We went to the mummy area. The British Museum has actual mummified bodies on display, something that I haven't seen at the Louvre. It was wall to wall people. After a short run through, we had to leave before I pulled a Suarez.
Lunch at a Dutch pancake place gave us time to plot our next move.
We returned to the Diana Memorial Playground.
Unlike our first visit here last year, when it snowed in March, it was smoking hot. Pierre and I sat in the shade while the girls played. We had to wait to get into the playground because there is a limit to how many people they allow in at a time. It was worth it and the wait was not too long.
![]() |
| Wise (almost ten year old!) owl. Our last stop of the day was at the Wellcome Collection. The Wellcome Collection is part of the Wellcome Trust, founded by Sir Henry Solomon Wellcome (1853–1936). An extensive and enthusiastic traveller, Henry Wellcome amassed a huge collection of books, paintings and objects, on the theme of historical development of medicine worldwide. There was an earlier Wellcome Historical Medical Museum at 54a Wigmore Street, housing artifacts from around the world. Right now, the museum is under renovation and most of it is closed. It does have a very nice cafe and a good Science themed gift shop and bookstore. |








No comments:
Post a Comment