Wednesday, November 21, 2012

First up the stairs at the Eiffel Tower

 Tuesday morning I sent the girls to school and Maya and I had the challenge of making it up to the top of the Eiffel Tower, down again, and picking the girls up for lunch on time.  We were first in line waiting to buy our tickets for the stairs.  This early in the morning there was already a long line for the elevator.
 
 
 Up 670 Stairs!
 Can you see them crating up the Buddy Bears?  Time for them to spread peace and happiness elsewhere.
 
There is a huge construction project in progress on the first floor of the Eiffel Tower.  There will be a new visitors' center/musuem when they are done.
 
Lately, whenever I look up at the Eiffel Tower, the top is covered by clouds.  The further we went up, the cloudier it got.

A whole school group nicely waited while I took this photo.  I took a similar shot this summer with Lil and Sylv.  This summer there were only 668 steps???


Maya at the very top in the clouds. 
The clouds drifted around, so we could catch glimpses of the ground below.

Life is good when you are 10, wearing a new scarf from the Christmas Market,
 and on the Eiffel Tower!


 

Back down to the ground.  We quickly hoofed it back to the girls' school and had a nice girls' lunch at home.  Thanks for visiting, Maya!  It was great to see you.  Lillian and Sylvia were very sad to see you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment