Monday, November 19, 2012

Pinacotheque and Printemps Christmas Window

The leaves are falling off the trees and there is a nip in the air.  Last week, the girls and I took the bus to Parc Monceau and were very sorry we did not bring our gloves.  Little did we know that Christmas decorations would soon be appearing.
Ginko Tree at Parc Monceau
Skip-it and jump rope pro in action!
Last week school started up again and on Wednesday we headed to another workshop at a new museum.  I had seen posters in the metro for an exhibit called Van Gogh, Reves de Japon at Musée Pinacotheque de Paris.  I enjoyed the exhibit and the girls got to see the exhibit and to make these trees.  The exhibit shows how much Van Gogh admired and was inspired by Japanese prints.
On the way home, we noticed that the Christmas windows at the Grands Magasins were already drawing crowds.  We joined them.
We saw the   Printemps windows but have not yet seen the  Galeries Lafayette windows.  The Pintemps windows are elaborate dolls that are mechanized marionettes.  The displays are done by Dior.






No comments:

Post a Comment