Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Flowers at Les Jardin des Plantes

The other day, the top story in the newspaper was the rainy weather.  They reported that it had been raining so much for so long that the eldery were shut in and everyone was depressed.  After several months of what seemed like non-stop rain, the sun has reappeared.  This weekend we went to Jardin des Plantes.  First, we checked out their Jardin Alpin. 
 Pierre and Sylvia headed to Les Invalides to check out Napoleon's tomb and a special exhibition and Lillian and I continued to explore Jardin des Plantes.  Next, we visited the big greenhouses.
 We walked towards the bone museum. 
On the way there we soaked up some sun and saw lots of lovely flowers.
 
 We peaked over the hedge of iris garden and saw these strange short-necked giraffes peering at us.
 In other news, I have finished up my TEFL Certification.  There was a beautiful garden at the building where I took my class.  Yesterday was the first Tuesday in six months that it was not pouring rain and the first time I ventured into the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment