Unfortunately, the caption on this painting at the Rijksmuseum spoke to me on a personal level. In case you haven't yet experienced it for yourself, lice are everywhere...even in the 16th arrondissement of Paris. In fact, if anything they are a bigger problem here. The pharmacies are stocked to the gills with all sorts of helpful and not so helpful products.
I am not rational about these little critters. The girls have been stoic and patient and I have been exhausted and sobbing. Meanwhile, life goes on. Thank you to all of the friends near and far who have held my hand, checked my head, and provided advice about lice eradication and other matters. I am now only thinking about lice about 85 percent of the time. I am hoping that when school lets out on July 5th that I can stop thinking about them all together...until the next school year. A big thanks to patient Pierre. If they come back, the girls and I may adopt his hairstyle.

No comments:
Post a Comment