Saturday, June 22, 2013

Provins

Yesterday, Lillian's class went to Provins a walled city more than an hour outside of Paris.  We rode in a cushy coach bus with seat belts.   It was freezing.  I had looked at the weather report and thought I was well prepared, but I was wrong.  When we arrived it was raining hard.  The rain stopped, but the wind blew and the sun only appeared as we were leaving.  BRR!
When I needed someone to watch Sylvia after school at the last minute, I was able to quickly text an accommodating friend.  I definitely wouldn't have known anyone well enough to do that at this time last year.

The kids were given a quiz that led them through the city.  If they answered all of the questions correctly, they could spell the secret word at the end of the booklet.  Lil's teacher said she would do her own, shorter version next year.
 The medieval city was crawling with school groups.  The old city is really just a tourist attraction; there are only restaurants and souvenir shops within the walls.



 We climbed the tower and only lost one child (temporarily).
 Lillian was happy because two of her best friends were in our group.
 More stairs up to the bell tower.
 
 The grand finale was a "spectacle," which included, sword play, horse tricks, and bad guys that for some reason looked like orcs.
 The kids loved this and thought it was wildly exciting.
Creepy Orc King





1 comment:

  1. Do these French people ever stop with their weirdness? Whoa.

    ReplyDelete