Friday, May 2, 2014

Biking in Vodelpark

 Our last day in Amsterdam it rained.  I was quite sure I could do without biking in the rain.  Lillian was sure that she needed to bike.  Because I try to be a good mother, I folded and I am glad I did.
 We asked for helmets when we rented the bikes and they gave us the only four they had.  They fit--more or less.  In Amsterdam everyone rides bikes and almost nobody wears a helmet.  These cargo bikes are so cool.
 Another cool play structure in Vondelpark.
 My hands were numb and and I was getting whiney (even more than usual), so we turned in the bikes and got me some coffee. 
 Hot chocolate!
This coffee shop was right next to two (one British and one American) book stores.  We picked up some reading material for the train and headed to the station.
Owls!
I thank my trip planner for a fabulous Spring Break. 

No comments:

Post a Comment