The American Girl Scouts in Paris were invited to put flowers on the gave of the unknown soldier under the l'Arc de Triomphe. They followed bagpipers up a few blocks of the Champs Elysées, took the tunnel under the street, and arrived under the Arc. The Arc was closed to tourists for Memorial Day. They were not sure what to do with the parents, so we were invited to follow the girls and to watch the ceremony. Most of these photos were taken by a girl scout mom with a nice camera.
The girls each put a white rose on the grave of the unknown soldier.

The girls and I watched some videos online about memorial day to prepare. I am grateful for all veterans and I am proud and grateful to be an American/Canadian.
The girls did a great job and I am proud of them!












No comments:
Post a Comment