The girls have three Thursdays off in May (and we have just returned from a two week break). The principal sent a note home reminding parents that the Thursdays off did not mean that the students had the Fridays off. Despite the note from the principal, we decided to "faire le pont" and take a long weekend.
We have visited and stayed on a couple of diary farms, and for some reason I thought it would be fabulous to visit a goat farm. I kept talking about it and finally Pierre found the perfect place.
They had 75 goats. I was surprised by how big the goats were. They were definitely a different breed than I had seen before. Their backs were up to my waist. They also didn't seem to have the devil-like slit pupils that most goats do, but maybe that was just because we were in a dark barn. We watched them feed and milk the goats.
I am not a big city girl and all of this green did me a world of good.
We ate dinner and breakfast here and it was delicious. We all enjoyed lots of goat cheese and Pierre even had some chevreau.
We stayed in an old farm building that had been renovated into family hotel rooms.
Just outside our door we found these beautiful yellow and pink snails.
Green!









No comments:
Post a Comment