Thursday the girls celebrated Ascension by having a another day off of school. I recently found a fake, and therefore cheap, game of Mölkky at our nearest sports store. We headed over to Place de Georges Guillaumin, which is also the garden of Salomon de Rothschild's mansion. This is where in 1932, French President Paul Doumer was shot and killed.
Lillian won the game! Pierre and I lost and Sylvia cheered us all on.
Solomon de Rothschild's mansion
We had lunch at Dragons Elysées, which is right off of the Champs Elysées.
If you are looking for good food, you should go elsewhere. If you want
to dine where there are carp swimming under your feet and where you are
surrounded by aquariums, this is your place. Also, you can kneel near
the fountain and pet the carp while you wait for your food to arrive. There were lots of families enjoying their holiday.
Pierre and I also checked out this place. Napoleon was in Egypt from May 1798 until the end of 1799. In 1799, this building was erected at Place du Caire. These heads are enormous and I think the Yoda ears must be flowers. The hieroglyphics are created from the French imagination. The building itself is quite pretty.







No comments:
Post a Comment