Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Unexpected visit with the fabulous Merk Family

 As I was attempting to pack up for Girl Scout camp out and waiting for Pierre to come home, I got a call from the Merk sisters.  Susi, on the right next to her mom, lived with my family my senior year of high school in Utah.  Susi's sister lives in Paris, so I sometimes get a chance to see this lovely family.  We plan to see Susi and her mom this summer at their home in Germany.
 Their dinner reservation was for 10:00, so I briskly walked over the river and to Musée Quai Branly.  There is a restaurant on the top floor with a stunning view of the Eiffel Tower.
Fuzzy photo of the lovely view.
I had planned to stay for a quick drink, but soon realized I had been there for several hours.  Wonderful to see the Merks!  
If you have a teenager, look into Youth for Understanding.  This is the organization that brought Susi to us.  I also spent a summer in Switzerland and my brother, Pete, spent a year in Australia.  I am so grateful to have Susi as part of our family.

3 comments:

  1. I'm soon traveling to Iceland with the Merks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iceland was last year. This year it's Siberia for M. and J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. M. might not end up going. And J. is expecting to be bitten by monstrous moskitoes there quite a bit. Scary! Better go to Iceland...



















    ReplyDelete