Pierre and I celebrated our wedding anniversary in the longest traffic jam ever. We drove from Oberammergau to Riva del Garda; what should have been a three to four hour drive took over eight hours. Riva del Garda is a popular tourist town best known for windsurfing and amazing scenery.
We drove through Austria and Italy in super slow motion. It was painful. At least, the mountains were beautiful and every few miles there was a ruin of a castle or a tower. I was very grateful for the 17 CDs or Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. When we arrived near Riva del Garda there were lots of grapes, apples, and I even saw some kiwi fruit.
We arrived in Riva del Garda after dark. The hotel ended up being a huge campground and trailer park. Our set up was a trailer with two bedrooms, a kitchenette and a bathroom. We had to rent sheets and towels and it was pouring rain. I bet Riva del Garda is lovely, but I was happy to leave the next morning and grateful not to have caught bed bugs.



No comments:
Post a Comment